What we do:
What you are expected to provide:
- Provide a timing chip on race day for all registered runners / walkers.
- Provide data entry into the system for people who register on race day.
- Provide and set-up the start/finish line area and the timing clocks on race day.
- Provide and set-up the computerized chip timing system at the start/finish line.
- Provide a backup timing system.
- Time and score all participants in the race.
- Produce results for all runners / walkers in the race. Overall results will be displayed in real time on monitors. Age division results can be printed on paper at any time during the timing.
- If requested, an "advanced warning" system can be installed ahead of the finish area, letting your announcer know ahead of time who is approaching the finish line.
- Post of final results of the event on a website to be determined within 24 hours of the race completion
Unless different arrangements are made at the time of the final agreement, you will typically be expected to:
- Provide ac power to power the equipment. NorCal Timing can provide a generator for a rental fee of $50 (see costs for details).
- Provide NorCal Timing with the race bibs at least 2 weeks prior to the event to allow adequate time
for race preparation.
- Provide access to the full registration database 48 hours prior to race, either online (e.g. Active.com
or some other race management site), or in Excel format.
- Provide race day registration tables for chip/bib distribution. Provide sufficient volunteers to
handle distribution of chips/bibs.
- Provide a minimum of two volunteers at the finish line for miscellaneous assistance with the timing process.